So a few months ago I wrote a post announcing that the company Monaco are about to launch a very advanced Cryptocurrency card for Bitcoin and Ethereum, You can read that here – https://thecryptoproezine.com/2017/06/21/monaco-visa-card-launched-for-bitcoin-ethereum/
Well we are getting closer to that stage now as Monaco announce that you can now download the app and start ordering your cards which you can do here ORDER YOUR MONACO CARD HERE
Here is what the company have to say about this launch that millions of people are eagerly waiting for –
Monaco Launches Mobile App to Bring Cryptocurrencies to Every Wallet…
The Monaco app allows users to spend bitcoin and ether conveniently in Monaco, the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform, today announced the launch of the Monaco app, giving consumers a radically simplified way to buy, spend, and earn cryptocurrency cashback on all transactions. Together with the Monaco card that will be rolling out later in September, the platform is based on perfect interbank exchange rates, and enables users to save up to 8 percent on all foreign currency transactions.
“We are pleased to launch the Monaco app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. There was a tremendous amount of work put in by the team into every detail of the app and cards. We hope users will love it as much as we do,” said Kris Marszalek, co-founder and CEO of Monaco.- Monaco is now perfectly positioned to increase the global cryptocurrency user number from its current 5-6 million to 500-600 million. We are revolutionizing the industry and setting the bar incredibly high.”
The cryptocurrency industry is in its nascent stages with up to 6 million unique active users of cryptocurrency wallets, according to a report conducted by Cambridge University. The Monaco platform aims to use this opportunity to address the industry’s reputation for being an opaque, niche market by presenting a simple cryptocurrency financial product with mass market appeal.
Founded in June 2016, Monaco is the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform allowing users to spend bitcoin and ethereum at perfect interbank exchange rates, saving US$30-40 on every US$500 equivalent spent on foreign currency transactions. Monaco raised over US$26.7 million through one of the most successful Token Sale events to date. The company is headquartered in Switzerland with operations in Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.mona.co.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Monaco Dev Update – Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet, Part 1
Today, Monaco takes a significant step towards its vision of making cryptocurrency available in every wallet as we begin taking reservations for the Monaco card.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Monaco unveiled a full portfolio of five cards today: Midnight Blue (Classic plastic card), Ruby Steel, Space Gray, Rose Gold (Platinum metal cards) and Black (Limited Edition Platinum metal card)
2. All Monaco cards, including Platinum cards will be free: no monthly fees, no annual fees, no shipping fees
3. Monaco Platinum cards come with industry leading 0.75% cryptocurrency cashback on all purchases and US$500,000 travel insurance
4. Monaco Platinum cards will only be available to MCO token holders, who purchase 50 MCO (Ruby Steel card), 500 MCO (Space Gray, Rose Gold cards) and 50,000 MCO (Limited Edition Obsidian Black card) respectively; MCO tokens will be held for a 6 months period, after which users can deposit their tokens back into their Monaco account and continue to use their card fee-free, no strings attached
5. Users can download Monaco app on both iOS & Android to go through a simple three-minute onboarding process and reserve their card starting today
6. Monaco is going for maximum platform growth strategy with no fees for users; that means that even the 1% contributions to asset contract will be paid by Monaco from the interchange revenue and not by the users as it was described in our whitepaper
7. Monaco will be rolled out globally in stages, as each region requires separate issuing capabilities; we remain fully committed to be 100% compliant with local regulations in every market we are targeting – we begin with Asia, followed by Europe (Q4 2017) and North America (2018); first cards are expected to ship end of September, with weekly card shipments gradually increasing from October till the end of the year; we expect demand to massively outpace supply in the first 12 months, so users are encouraged to reserve their cards early
8. Further announcements will be made regarding approvals from card schemes in each of the regions & markets
9. MCO token is going to be spendable at 40m+ merchant locations globally with the Monaco card from day 1; you will be able to convert MCO token to BTC and ETH right from the Monaco app
10. Monaco has a very small quantity of Obsidian Black cards on hand from the original 999 pool and is making those available for contributors who decide to hold 50,000 MCO for 6 months – if you missed out on one during the token sales, this is your last chance to get one.
Finally, a few words regarding what’s next. In early communications during our token sale, we have listed several key milestones to look for as those that will drive value creation for MCO token holders. These were:
• Announcements regarding MCO getting listed on exchanges (particularly in China)
• Monaco app launch
• Card scheme program approvals
• Users receiving & reviewing first cards
From this initial milestone list, we have now delivered on 2 out of 4. We’re looking forward to delivering on the rest. It’s also a good moment to share our thoughts on what will continue driving the growth for Monaco in Q4.
• Europe mass rollout to ~30 countries
• Two new and previously unannounced product features critical to user growth
• Q4 users & transaction numbers
We’d like to thank the community for the overwhelming support we have received so far. We take your feedback and ideas seriously as we continue to build Monaco into a product you’ll love to use and a global brand you trust.
“Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet” – let’s make it happen together!
The Crypto Pro’s look for ward to receiving our card and will keep you updated if any other news comes along.
What are your thoughts on the Monaco card?
Please leave a comment below and like and share if you get value from this post.
The Crypto Pro’s
If you would like to follow us on our social media channels please do so here
To contact me
Website – www.thecryptopros.com